Friday, October 14, 2016

Saxx 24-Seven Boxer Brief

 
Saxx is a Canadian men’s clothing company that specializes in underwear. Started in 2006, the company stresses innovation and comfort. Unlike most other varieties of anatomically correct men’s underwear, Saxx’s underwear items contain internal pouches, which have a number of advantages and disadvantages that are discussed below, but the overall package leaves a good impression. 



Materials and construction: The main fabric in the 24-Seven Boxer Brief is cotton (95% cotton and 5% spandex). It has the feature I’ve alluded to earlier, which I’ve deemed an “internal pouch”: Space allotted to the genitals, holding them in place with structures inside the underwear, rather than away from the body like most pouches. In this item, this is accomplished by two long strips of thin mesh-like fabric that separate the genitals from the legs. This works both for comfort and reducing sweat. The design can be said to be form fitting, but doesn’t sit as close to the body as many pairs of men’s underwear. There’s a fly, but it isn’t wide enough to be usable. Overall, the innovation is impressive, even if there are some imperfections that I discuss below. 8/10 

Comfort and usability: The internal pouch stretches from your hips to between your legs, creating a space that is close to your body, rather than letting you hang farther away. This is comfortable most of the time, but I sometimes experienced the discomfort of feeling my testicles squeezed between my legs, and had to rearrange. The overall fit is good, and the boxer briefs felt deceptively loose while still staying in place throughout the day and not bunching up in my pants. There is a slight contradiction between the pouch’s ability to prevent sweating and the warmth of the fabric; for this reason, I’ve found it great for winter days when I’m wearing many layers outside, but might feel sweaty when I come inside. Saxx is also a good choice if you’re worried about your bulge showing through your pants.  7/10 


Aesthetics: Saxx focuses on comfort and practicality, not appearance, and I don’t hold that against them. 5/10

Overall rating: 7/10

Big enough? Yes, but you might have to readjust occasionally.


1 comment:

  1. Saxx underwear is very comfortable my girl friend gifted me after reading this saxx underwear review, best saxx underwear

    ReplyDelete