Friday, May 19, 2017

Too Tight to Review 9: Sukrew Full Trunk

The "Too Tight to Review" series covers the pairs of underwear I’ve tried on that I couldn’t wear long enough to give a fair review. If I can’t keep a pair on for at least the length of the day, I’ll leave a few brief thoughts rather than a full review.


Sukrew is a company I’ve reviewed once before, and I had mostly positive things to say about my experiences. The first pair of Sukrew I received was oddly small in the back (an issue that I had never experienced before that), but had a big, comfortable pouch and solid construction quality. That experience made my experience with the Full Trunk surprising. First of all, the backside on this one is so short that it won’t even fit over my hips in any normal way. (The material is stretchy, but enough so to compensate for the bizarre dimensions.) As a result, the only way I could put these on was with the entire garment rotated upwards in the front. This strange fit forced me deep into the bottom of the pouch (which is slightly smaller than the pouch on the Full Brief), and I couldn’t wear these for more than a few hours without pain.


I should also make a not about the durability. After washing the Full Brief just once, the seams starting coming loose, spilling a spider web of threads that tore at my skin the second time I tried wearing these. Looking at the inside of the waistband, the stitching is uneven and poorly integrated. Even the white Sukrew label on the front was coming undone. This is perhaps the fastest any pair of underwear I’ve owned has deteriorated, and was surprising, given the solid quality of the Full Brief.

No comments:

Post a Comment